Are you looking to explore a career in theatre through a year-long experience? Consider applying for an Everyman Theatre Apprenticeship.
The Education Apprentice functions as a critical member of the Education Department. This position is a part-time position designed to help individuals learn, grow, and contribute as an arts educator and administrator. This position is ideal for a focused and passionate young professional seeking next level experience.
Ideal candidates have their own transportation and local housing; are energetic and proactive; are open to growth and transformative experiences, including participating in and facilitating workshops and classes; are able to integrate and retain new information; have an affinity for how theatre connects to lifelong learning. This apprenticeship is ideal for a recent graduate or career changer who is eager to pursue a career in education, arts administration, and/or theatre.
This position reports directly to the Director of Education but works closely with the Lead Teaching Artist and Education Program Manager.
- Assists in High School Matinee Program working towards teaching independently.
- Assists in In-School Residency Program serving K-8 grade working towards teaching independently.
- Official Everyman Theatre substitute teaching artist.
- Assists in On-Site classes serving students K-8 grade working towards teaching independently.
- Assists in Summer Camp Programming.
- Mentors High School Internship Candidates and works closely on new initiatives for high school populations.
- Represents Everyman Education at fairs, festivals, and TNT: Theatre Night for Teens.
- Contributes to the Play Guide for each production.
- Preps materials for class experiences.
- Manages correspondences on designated projects for the Education Department.
- Contributes to the assessment and evaluation of our High School Matinee Program.
- Works on long term research projects for the department.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Shared philosophical values inherent in Everyman Theatre’s mission
- Prior experience working with children of any age a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively promoting Education Programs
- Demonstrates collaborative skills, accepts constructive criticism and implements effective problem-solving.
- Ability to interact with the diverse constituents in age, background, and role to the departments as parents, students, donors, teachers, and key community partners.
- Must have valid driver's license and a car.
- Receives a weekly stipend
- Free tickets to Everyman productions
- Audit classes
- Provided invaluable professional development by entire Education Department.
- Offered special ticket offers to area theatres, networking opportunities, and professional development opportunities within the Everyman Theatre staff.
- Mentorship (professional + personal)
- Dedicated workspace
- Flexible enough to provide space for other professional or artistic opportunities beyond commitment to Apprenticeship.
May 30, 2018 - May 30, 2019 with 5 weeks off. 20 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to: email@example.com. Subject line to read: YOUR NAME, Education Apprentice Application.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Interviews to begin immediately.