SAFETY @ EVERYMAN
A PATRON RESOURCE GUIDE TO SAFETY MEASURES AMID COVID-19
As we plan what a return to the theatre might look like, we are committed to reducing COVID-19 risk to our patrons, staff, and artists as much as possible. We will continue to closely monitor the guidance of state and local government alongside the recommendations of public health experts to implement a plan that welcomes all of us back as safely as possible.
Please refer back to this page for the latest information on the steps we are taking at Everyman to provide an environment to which you feel comfortable returning. Our promise to you is clear and open communication every step of the way.
Our practices, policies, and guidelines are subject to change based on public health and local government recommendations. At the time of reopening, we will be implementing the following:
Face masks will be required to enter the building in accordance with statewide safety guidelines.
- Box Office and Front of House Staff will wear masks and non-latex gloves and regularly disinfect their work area
- Contactless purchasing arrangements will be preferred
- Digital, print at home ticketing will be preferred to minimize contact
- Adjusted will-call protocol put in place to ensure social distancing for any needed ticketing assistance
- Hand sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the lobby for public use.
- Entrance and Exit doors will be clearly marked to promote one-way traffic
- Designated waiting areas will be established, and lobby seating rearranged, to allow for social distancing while awaiting entrance to the theater
- Elevator usage will be restricted to the party with whom you arrived.
- Ample signage will be posted in public areas with staff on-hand to navigate new traffic patterns
- Touchless soap dispensers will be added into all restrooms.
- Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Enhanced cleaning of restrooms and public areas will occur between every audience
THEATRE VENUES (both downstairs and upstairs):
- Reduced capacity in the theatre to ensure social distancing (renderings below). Every other row of seats has been removed, including the row nearest the stage, and physical barriers are installed between parties.
- We have adjusted our HVAC system to increase the amount of fresh outside air circulating through the lobbies and performance spaces. All return filters in our HVAC system have been upgraded to MERV-13 or better as recommended by the American Society of Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) in combating the spread of COVID-19.
- House managers, volunteers, and other personnel are required to wear masks and non-latex gloves
- Digital programs will be emailed to your home in advance of each performance. We will print a few modified programs to access at the theater for each performance for those without access to digital programs. We will no longer share or reuse programs.
- Full seating area and all high-touch surfaces will be disinfected with electrostatic sprayers between audiences.
- Actors will not use the edge of the stage, and the first row of seats has been removed, in order to maximize distance between actors and audience
- Everyman is working with each of the professional artist unions to implement a safety plan for artists and backstage personnel