Interested in joining the Everyman Theatre team? We want to meet you!
Part Time Opportunities
Box Office Associates
Everyman Theatre is searching for immediate part-time assistance in the Box Office. You are: energetic, personable, reliable, and eager to foster a welcoming and customer-focused environment for our patrons. You’re able to multi-task with a smile on your face and have a great sense of customer service and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure an optimal patron experience. Everyman is a fast-paced Baltimore cultural institution that prioritizes quality, first-rate customer service, the patron experience, and access to theatre above all else.
- Processing subscription and ticket sales
- Calling patrons in a proactive, concierge fashion to help answer questions and drive sales
- Answering box office phones, emails, and ensuring that all correspondences and sales are handled in a professional, timely manner
- Filing sales and ticket transaction reports and other general office duties
- Working with the marketing team to understand appropriate messaging for a given show, promotion, etc.
Qualifications + Skills
- Strong attention to detail, listening skills, and communication skills
- Experience with creating a welcoming environment for the public
- Box office or similar customer service experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Patron Manager or other ticketing software a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of theatre a plus, but not required
- Ability to operate in a team environment and as well as alone
- A strong work ethic and good sense of humor are highly valued
- Ability to maintain a positive and flexible working attitude while performing job duties in stressful situations or when handling complex communication
- Ability to receive and incorporate constructive feedback from the administrative and artistic staff
- Daytime and evening availability Monday through Saturday, with the expectation of working a minimum of 10-15 hours per week
If you fit these descriptions, we want you on our team! Those interested should submit a resume and 3 references to Corey Frier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Early Learning Teaching Artists
Everyman Theatre Education seeks skilled and dynamic early learning teaching artists adept at guiding creative dramatics classes for students aged 3 to 7 years of age.
- Apply your unique theatrical background and knowledge to creating a fun, artistically stimulating class experience for students.
- Guide students through exercises and activities in music, drama, movement, and visual art with a focus on social-emotional competencies.
- Able to write lesson plans, and communicate them to the team and Director of Education and Community Engagement in a timely fashion.
- Prepare projects and activities for students, with the assistance of administrative staff.
- Demonstrate patience, compassion, and energy in a focused manner with youth.
Qualifications + Skills
- A passion for working with students, especially those in Pre-K through grade 2.
- A background in creative dramatics or interdisciplinary arts will serve this position.
- A background in theatre and/or education, with real world, professional theatre experience.
- A desire and enthusiasm for working in a professional theatre environment, particularly with youth.
- A willingness to collaborate with other artists, educators, and staff.
We are currently hiring for our IN-SCHOOL RESIDENCY PROGRAM, CREATIVE JOURNEYS which asks teaching artists to execute curriculum written and prepared by Everyman Theatre. Specific and time sensitive residency dates are Wednesday afternoons from 2pm-2:55pm in Lutherville, MD starting Wednesday, October 20 and runs for 7 weeks.
We are also currently staffing up our early childhood teaching artists for our On-Site Creative Mates and Story Explorers program. Start date of next session: Saturday October 23 10am-10:45am for 8 weeks. Prioritizing applicants who are available during these periods first.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. We ask these materials be shared in one PDF document.
- Subject Line: YOUR NAME, EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHING ARTIST
- Pay Scale: $65.00 an hour with payment acknowledgement for planning and travel.
- Location: Everyman Theatre, 315 W. Fayette Street Baltimore, MD OR in community (Baltimore City and Baltimore County)
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field, are strongly encouraged to apply. Everyman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
For additional opportunities, please visit our careers + opportunities page.