Interested in joining the Everyman Theatre team? We want to meet you! Please see current opportunities below:
Everyman Theatre seeks skilled and dynamic teaching artists for on-site and in-community classes serving students of all ages.
- Apply your unique theatrical background and knowledge to creating a fun, artistically stimulating class experience for students.
- Guide students through exercises and activities in music, drama, movement, and/or visual art with a focus on social-emotional competencies
- Create lesson plans that adhere to institutional and departmental goals that must be submitted to and approved by the department; Organize a thoughtfully structured curriculum for students, and accurately reflect successes and areas of support to the Education and Community Engagement team.
- Follow a lesson plan provided by the department as necessary.
- Prepare projects and activities for students, with the assistance of administrative staff.Communicate to staff in a timely manner prep needs for classes.
- Demonstrate patience, compassion, and energy in a focused manner.
- Support students on their learning journeys through engaging content, reflective conversations, and advocacy.
- As an instructor, exhibit behavior and execute classroom management strategies that are in accordance with Everyman Education and CE expectation and values, as outlines in the Everyman Theatre Code of Conduct
Desired Skills + Experience
- A passion for working with students that may range in age from early childhood through adulthood. Please indicate your experience with various age ranges, as well as any preferred age ranges, in your application materials.
- A background in creative dramatics or interdisciplinary arts, certification or training in a specialized theatrical discipline, and/or experience crafting devised work.
- A background in theatre and/or education, with professional theatre experience preferred.
- A desire and enthusiasm for working in a professional theatre environment, particularly with youth.
- A willingness to collaborate with other artists, educators, and staff.
About the Position
- Teaching Artists are independent contractor positions with a starting pay scale of $55 per class, commensurate with subject expertise, qualifications, program, and length of class.
- Additional compensation for planning periods and orientation meetings will be provided.
- Classes take place at either Everyman Theatre, 315 W. Fayette Street Baltimore, MD OR in various community locations in Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
TO APPLY, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com as a single PDF document. If you have pre-existing lesson plans or curriculum you have written, please include example(s) attached as a separate PDF document.
Please include Subject Line: YOUR NAME, TEACHING ARTIST SUBMISSION