Interested in joining the Everyman Theatre team? We're looking for people who want to engage, inspire and transform artists, audiences and our community through theatre. Is that you? Then we want to meet you.
Please follow the instructions in each posting for submission guidelines. Thank you!
SCENE SHOP SUPERVISOR
The Scene Shop Supervisor (Shop Supervisor) is responsible for the safe,
efficient and accurate construction of scenery in support of 6-8 productions a
year at Everyman Theatre. This position reports to the Scenery Department
Manager and works with a full-time Lead Carpenter and up to four part-time
carpenter/welders. The Scene Shop Supervisor receives working drawings,
delegates work to scene shop staff, assists in construction, and monitors for safe
working practices in the onsite scene shop.
• Works closely with the Scenery Department Manager to ensure a high
standard of work completed on schedule
• Direct the day-to-day activities of employees and contractors in the scene
shop to maintain a safe and productive workflow
• Track shop supplies and monitor equipment conditions
• Instruct shop staff on safe tool use and standard construction processes
• Lead small teams during Strike and Load-in
• Work with Scenery Department Manager to maintain the theatre, shop,
rehearsal room and shop storage spaces.
• Install and remove riser systems
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years of experience working in a theatrical scene shop
• Experience leading teams of carpenter/welders
• Effective communication and organization skills
• Skilled with common woodworking tools and MIG Welding systems
• Proficient with rigging
• Able to lift 70 Pounds
• Comfortable working at height
This position is full time with health benefits, PTO, and overtime
opportunities. Pay is $33K-36K/year commensurate with experience. The
position requires some off-peak hours to accommodate rehearsals. Preferred
start date is July 1, 2021.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume with 3 references to
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and
ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive
practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field, are
strongly encouraged to apply. Everyman Theatre is an equal opportunity
There are no part-time positions available at this time.
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.