Interested in joining the Everyman Theatre team? We're looking for people who want to engage, inspire and transform artists, audiences and our community through theatre. Is that you? Then we want to meet you.
Please follow the instructions in each posting for submission guidelines. Thank you!
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER/ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
Everyman Theatre in Baltimore seeks a creative marketer to advise, collaborate, and execute on digital marketing and communications campaigns for the theatre. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Strategic Communications, this person will play a key role in developing and maintaining our digital channels, bringing their expertise to help shape web and social strategy. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in digital/social management, communications, and a love for the performing arts.
- Develop key messaging and content strategy aligned with marketing targets.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including involvement with: email, social media, SEO/SEM, and display advertising campaigns.
- Help develop, manage, and execute content strategies for the company’s social media platforms.
- Oversee website and manage updates.
- Draft some content copy for each production, education and community engagement programming, and other institutional projects.
- Develop and maintain Everyman’s digital calendar as part of the overall marketing calendar.
- Work with retargeting partners to manage and maintain Google Analytics/AdWords.
- Along with the Director, identify trends and optimize spend and performance based on insights.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals.
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to engage audiences.
- Participate in creative discussions and serve as primary contact with outside digital agencies as needed.
- Knowledge of Patron Manager, Tessitura, or other patron-based ticketing system a plus, but not necessary.
- Minimum three years of digital marketing experience, preferably in the arts.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing email, social media, SEO/SEM, and/or digital display advertising and tarcampaigns.
- Working knowledge of Drupal, HTML, CSS, Social Media platforms highly valuable.
- Baseline knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work in teams and communicate a coherent vision to a group.
- Ability to respond to feedback and edits in a timely and positive manner.
- Preference will be given to candidates with graphic design experience, photography, video, and production and digital editing skills.
- An ideal applicant will have a history of advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Amy Lebo, Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications | email@example.com • Everyman Theatre - 315 West Fayette Street - Baltimore, MD 21201
There are no full-time positions available at this time.
SUMMER CAMP TEACHING ARTIST
Everyman Theatre Education seeks skilled and dynamic teaching artists adept at unpacking theatrical concepts for students entering grades K-8 for Youth Summer Camp experiences. Camps are week-long, full-day employment.
Teaching Artists apply unique theatrical perspectives to team planning curating, and ultimately leading students through dramatic exploration. Looking for teaching artists who are adept in any of these topics:
Description + Responsibilities
Apply your unique theatrical background and knowledge to create a fun, artistic, stimulating camp experience for students. (Camp themes and focuses delineated by Everyman, welcoming outside perspectives and voices in the sharing of theatrical concepts.)
Lead students through their camp experiences, with the support, expertise, and shared voice of another co-leader.
Support your fellow co-leader in moments when he/she absorbs leadership in the classroom.
Attend up to two planning meetings, with Everyman Education staff, prior to camp starting.
Write lesson plans, and communicate them to the team and Director of Education in a timely fashion.
Prepare projects and activities for students, with the assistance of administrative staff.
A passion for working with students, especially those in grades K-5.
Specifically, backgrounds in creative dramatics, artistic movement, and playmaking will best serve these positions.
A background in theatre and/or education, with real world, professional theater experience.
*previous teaching artist work or summer camp experience a must.
A desire and enthusiasm for working in a professional theatre environment, particularly with youth.
A willingness to collaborate with other artists, educators, and staff.
Those demonstrating patience and adaptability will be given sincere consideration.
This position is ideal for a seasoned teaching artist or theatre educator, though candidates who do not identify as “seasoned” are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume with references, and a sample lesson plan if you desire to JOBS@EverymanTheatre.org Subject Line: NAME, TEACHING ARTIST.
Indicate availability between June 22-July 31 Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm in introductory email.
Pay Scale: Competitive with acknowledgement of planning and travel
Location: Everyman Theatre, 315 W. Fayette Street
OVERHIRE CARPENTERS & WELDERS
Overhire Carpenters are a part of the production team who work primarily on the fabrication and installation of scenery, and report to the Shop Foreman and Technical Directors. Ideal applicants possess a background in theatre, knowledge of stagecraft, ability to read working drawings, and experience in both steel and wood fabrication techniques, including welding. Excellent communication skills, the ability to work in both solo and team settings, and a dedication to maintaining artistic excellence as well as a professional, safe environment for actors and technicians are necessary qualities for this position. Further experience in stage rigging, stage electrics, scenic art, furniture making, or properties fabrication is helpful but not required.
Overhire Carpenters will be expected to lift loads up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Job duties include (but are not limited to) construction and installation of scenery, assisting other areas of production such as Lighting and Sound, and maintenance of the scene shop, stage, and surrounding production support spaces.
Position is hourly and shifts are intermittent. The Assistant Technical Director emails notification of shift availability 1-4 weeks before first scheduled shift and average paid shift length is 7.75 hrs with 2 breaks and an additional 45 minute unpaid lunch. 4 hour minimum call. Pay rate begins at $14/hr. Overtime is available.
To Apply: email a statement of interest and resume to Assistant Technical Director, Rick Gerriets firstname.lastname@example.org with “Overhire Carpenter” in the subject line.
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.