Interested in joining the Everyman Theatre team? We want to meet you!
Who is Everyman Theatre?
Everyman is a professional theatre celebrating the actor, with an award-winning Resident Company of artists from the Baltimore/Washington, DC area. The theatre is dedicated to engaging through a shared experience between actor and audience seeking connection and emotional truth in performance. Everyman is committed to serving Baltimore through its robust Education and Community Engagement Programs including the High School Matinee Program and Lifelong learning initiatives, having served ages ranging from 3 to 93. Everyman CARES (Committee on Anti-Racism, Equity, and Solidarity) is an active committee of Staff and Board dedicated to reviewing all facets of the organization and implementing meaningful change.
With an annual budget of about $4.5million, Everyman’s robust theatrical offerings and innovative education and community programming engages audiences and students of all ages with the mission to be a theatrical home for all.
Everyman Theatre’s core values are People, Community, and Excellence. The organization is deeply committed to cultivating an atmosphere in which every individual is valued and to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at every level. Everyman Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Everyman are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Every application will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, familial or parental status, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or genetics.
Everyman seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. We encourage applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field, and applicants without theatre backgrounds, to apply.
Everyman Theatre requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
Please follow the instructions in each posting for submission guidelines. Thank you!
PATRON EXPERIENCE MANAGER
The PATRON EXPERIENCE MANAGER leads and oversees all House Operations, including House Management, Front of House, and our lobby bar, and works with the Ticketing Services Manager to create a patron-first experience that is welcoming, efficient, inclusive, and safe for all Everyman audiences. S/He/They are a key member of the Marketing/Communications team, reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications. This position is ideal for an energetic, adaptable, personable, and solutions-driven individual who is eager to find innovative and easy ways to address challenges, set a positive tone and be a model for the rest of the House team. Take this opportunity to become part of a dynamic, fast-paced Baltimore cultural institution that prioritizes quality, first-rate customer service and patron experience, and access above all else. The salary range for this position is $35,000 to $38,000.
• Supervise, schedule, budget, train and manage all part-time Front of House staff
• Maintain the financial records and budget for Vinny’s Bar (concessions)
• Oversee, budget, and manage periodic merchandise sales
• Manage the inventory of Vinny’s Bar, including ordering from food and beverage distributors and making pick-ups and deliveries as necessary (travel is reimbursable)
• Coordinate the theatre’s specialty food offerings at Vinny’s Bar with partner restaurants, and local eateries
• Help coordinate bar and at-theatre event needs for other departments as needed
• Oversee the House Management team to prepare the theatre for performances
• Curate a positive and welcoming atmosphere in Everyman’s lobby, ensuring an excellent experience for patrons - this may include music and lobby displays, etc.
• Work closely with Everyman’s facilities team to maintain a clean, safe, sanitary workplace
• Work closely with outsourced, part-time Volunteer Services Coordinator and Ticketing Services Manager to foster relationships with our Volunteer Corp ushers on a day-to-day basis (including meetings, trainings, and communications with the group)
• Occasionally cover shifts in other Front of House areas as needed (bar, box office, and house staff)
• Work with the marketing, development, education, and facilities teams to prepare for special events, programming, and rentals being held at the theatre
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Minimum 2 years in a similar role, preferably at another customer-centered organization
• Prior event or bar management experience (Front of House theater experience a big plus)
• Alcohol awareness certification a plus - you will be trained at Everyman’s expense if not already certified
• Prior cash handling and financial reconciliation experience a big plus
• Access to safe and reliable transportation
• Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks/responsibilities at the same time
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed (schedule highly flexible)
• An ability to give and take constructive criticism and follow direction
• Great communication skills, both written and oral
• A good listener, able to respond to results and research
• A proven ability to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in/with the Google Suite of programs, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word as well as a basic understanding of Point-of-Sale systems
• A great sense of teamwork and comradery, as well as a good sense of humor is very much valued
This position is full time and requires some off-peak hours for monitoring/managing front of house operations, special events, and occasional shift coverage. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and competitive with similar positions throughout the country. Everyman Theatre offers an extensive benefits package including 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage as well as life insurance and paid time off to include vacation, holiday, sick, and personal days.
Interested in joining the Everyman Theatre team? We want to meet you! Please send your resume and a cover letter, including three references to: Corey Frier at email@example.com
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and
ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive
practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field, are
strongly encouraged to apply. Everyman Theatre is an equal opportunity
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
SALARY RANGE: starting at $55,000
Everyman Theatre seeks candidates for the new position of Philanthropy Officer. The Philanthropy Officer reports to the Director of Development and is a collaborative member of the Development Department, along with the Individual and Institutional Giving Managers. This position will play a critical role in increasing donor support from major donors (defined as those giving a gift of $1,000+ in support of the theatre) and will be responsible for maintaining current and developing new corporate partnership opportunities for the theatre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major Gift Donor Relations Management
• Maintain and actively expand a personal portfolio of major gift donors, as well as current donors and prospects that have the capacity to give at the major level or higher.
• Serve as the primary relationship manager for this portfolio of donors and prospects, developing and implementing a written donor strategy and relationship record of all interactions.
• Manage the portfolio of major gift donors through face to face cultivation, solicitation, stewardship meetings, and written strategies; ensure that each major donor and prospect has a clear strategy and timeline for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• Support the fundraising efforts of the Director of Development, Managing Director, and Artistic Director including sponsorships and major support for annual fundraising events.
• Work with the Individual Giving manager to screen and prep profiles of current and prospective donors; establish and refine benchmarks for department research processes as needed.
• Ensure proper donor recognition in all publications and oversee accurate donor lists for those publications.
• Review existing strategies for institutional giving and help develop new strategies to strengthen individual relationships with donors through one-on-one meetings, occasional cultivation events, and specific written or electronic communications.
• Prepare, solicit, and secure sponsorship requests for mainstage productions, education programming, and special events in collaboration with the Corporate Sub-Committee.
• Coordinate with departments across the organization to solicit in-kind corporate sponsorships with current and new vendors.
• Create and manage fulfillment of benefits in coordination with the Marketing Department for corporate donors, including ticket requests, event coordination, and sponsorship receptions.
• Conduct prospect research for new corporate donors in collaboration with the Corporate Sub-Committee.
• Provide relevant information on corporate contacts and giving priorities to the Managing and Artistic Directors to maximize their opportunities to interface with these donors.
• Ensure proper donor recognition in all publications and oversee accurate donor lists for those publications.
The successful candidate for this role will have the energy, enthusiasm, and desire to make a real difference in the Theatre’s fundraising efforts and to both increase the number of and deepen the current, existing donor relationships.
• A minimum of three (3) years increasingly responsible development experience.
• Eagerness to grow as a fundraising professional and willing to tackle opportunities and special projects as needed.
• Demonstrate superior organizational skills, ability to self-direct, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines.
• Have the maturity, humor, and character to support a team, leading when necessary and being led when appropriate.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals.
• Flexibility to adjust schedule as needed for support at events, which frequently occur on evenings and weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
• Previous experience with PatronManager and emma (email marketing software).
• Ability to conceive, plan, and execute fundraising programs, including major gift campaigns, stewardship events, and corporate giving campaigns.
• Excellent critical thinking, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills.
• A background and/or interest in theatre.
This position is full-time and requires occasional off-peak hours for evening meetings and events. Everyman Theatre offers an extensive benefits package including 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage as well as life insurance and paid time off to include vacation, holiday, sick, and personal days. Everyman seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. We encourage applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field, and applicants without theatre backgrounds, to apply. Everyman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume, brief cover letter, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PART-TIME LISTINGS AT THIS TIME.
EARLY LEARNING TEACHING ARTISTS
Everyman Theatre Education seeks skilled and dynamic early learning teaching artists adept at guiding creative dramatics classes for students aged 3 to 7 years of age.
• Apply your unique theatrical background and knowledge to creating a fun, artistically stimulating class experience for students.
• Guide students through exercises and activities in music, drama, movement, and visual art with a focus on social-emotional competencies.
• Able to write lesson plans, and communicate them to the team and Director of Education and Community Engagement in a timely fashion.
• Prepare projects and activities for students, with the assistance of administrative staff.
• Demonstrate patience, compassion, and energy in a focused manner with youth.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A passion for working with students, especially those in Pre-K through grade 2.
• A background in creative dramatics or interdisciplinary arts will serve this position.
• A background in theatre and/or education, with real world, professional theater experience.
• A desire and enthusiasm for working in a professional theatre environment, particularly with youth.
• A willingness to collaborate with other artists, educators, and staff.
We are currently hiring for our IN-SCHOOL RESIDENCY PROGRAM, CREATIVE JOURNEYS which asks teaching artists to execute curriculum written and prepared by Everyman Theatre. Specific and time sensitive residency dates are Wednesday afternoons from 2pm-2:55pm in Lutherville, MD starting Wednesday, October 20 and runs for 7 weeks.
We are also currently staffing up our early childhood teaching artists for our On-Site Creative Mates and Story Explorers program. Start date of next session: Saturday October 23 10am-10:45am for 8 weeks. Prioritizing applicants who are available during these periods first.
To Apply: Please send a Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 References to Education@EverymanTheatre.org. We ask these materials be shared in ONE PDF document.
Subject Line: YOUR NAME, EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHING ARTIST
Pay Scale: $65.00 an hour with payment acknowledgement for planning and travel.
Location: Everyman Theatre, 315 W. Fayette Street Baltimore, MD OR in community (Baltimore City and Baltimore County)
Everyman Theatre is seeking a Wardrobe Supervisor for its upcoming production of Skin of Our Teeth by Thornton Wilder. The Wardrobe Supervisor is a member of the Run Crew responsible during technical rehearsals and productions for keeping track of costumes and keeping them cleaned and maintained. The Wardrobe Supervisor is responsible to the Production Stage Manager for their show track as well as pre- and post- show duties. Wardrobe Supervisors are a crucial link between the costume production team and the actors. They work closely with the production’s actors to ensure costumes are clean, present and fitting as intended.
• Ensuring costumes are in proper, hygienic condition for actors prior to performances and technical rehearsals
• Cleaning and ironing
• Managing costume tracking during performance
• Helping performers change costumes between scenes
• Mending costumes and performing minor alterations as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Experience working backstage
• Stitching Experience
• Experienced with quick rigging for changes
• Experienced with quick changes
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Strong sense of professionalism and respect for backstage etiquette
• Must be available on nights and weekends
This position is contracted for the run of the performance and includes technical rehearsal. The Skin of Our Teeth enters technical rehearsals on November 30th, begins preview performances on December 5th, Opens December 10th, and closes January 2nd. Performances are usually 8 times a week, Tuesday-Sunday nights with matinee shows on Saturday and Sunday except on December 24th and 25th. Pay is $15.50 per hour. The position is for the full run of productions and technical rehearsals. Scheduling conflicts will be considered before hiring.
Interested persons should submit a resume with at least 1 reference to email@example.com
Everyman Theatre is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. Individuals from populations underrepresented in the theatre field, are strongly encouraged to apply. Everyman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.